This modern beanie and cowl set has a graphic circle pattern and is great for everyone.
The cowl comes in 2 sizes and is worked in the round, with a colourwork section on one side and a solid section on the other. Special techniques used are: knitting in the round, provisional cast on and 3-needle bind off.
The beanie is worked in the round from the bottom edge up, with a twisted rib brim. The colourwork pattern for both beanie and cowl can be worked from the included chart or written instructions.
Choose a beanie size that will stretch to fit your head size. It is intended to be worn with approx 3-6cm negative ease. Recommended for intermediate knitters.
Alpaca Yarns Indiecita DK, 100% Baby Alpaca, 112m per 50g ball.
24 sts and 29 rounds = 10cm over colourwork pattern, worked in the round and wet-blocked.
Recommended needle size: 4.5mm / 7US
|Measurements (cm) after blocking||Size 1||Size 2|
|Cowl circumference (approx)||60||135|
|Cowl width (approx)||15||15|
|Sizes (to fit approx head size)||Child||Sm Adult||Lg Adult|
|Materials (50g balls)|
|Cowl - C1||1||2|
|Cowl - C2||1||1|
|Cowl - C3||1||2|
|Beanie - C1||1||1||2|
|Beanie - C2||1||1||1|
|Beanie - C3 (optional, for pompom)||1 ball, or use C2|
You will also need
- Needles (cowl): One each 4mm and 4.5mm circular needle (both 60cm long) for small cowl circumference or 100cm long for large cowl circumference and a spare circular needle in a smaller size for finishing. Click here to see needles
- Needles (beanie): One each 3.25mm and 4mm circular needle (both 40cm long).
- Set of 4mm double-pointed needles for working beanie crown.
- Crochet hook and length of contrasting scrap yarn for provisional cast-on (for cowl).
- Stitch markers and yarn needle Click here
- Pompom maker (optional) Click here
When substituting yarn, compare the tension gauge of the pattern and the yarn. Working a tension square to determine the suitability of the yarn as a substitute is recommended - to compare the tension for sizing but also to test whether it creates the fabric you are after.
To determine the quantity of substitute yarn needed, compare the total meterage needed in the pattern to the meterage on the substitute.
Need help? We are happy to assist you! Send us a message to email@example.com or call us at the shop on 03 595 2641 during shop hours.