At Handzon we believe shared crafting time is doubly rewarding! We offer various learning and sharing opportunities. Here is a summary and what you can expect from them:
We offer two kinds of classes:
1. Structured learning events with a specific topic and desired outcome, scheduled over a certain number of lessons. These have specific names, eg Kaleidoscope Quilt or Learn Mosaic Crochet. Limited seats so you can be sure of getting enough teacher time to achieve the outcome. Booking essential.
Examples: Sewing 101, ScanNCut 101, Learn to Crochet Class, Puffer Quilt
2. Less structured and student driven, ongoing learning events. You can work at your own pace on projects of your own choosing and learn new things as the need arises. Limited seats, booking essential.
Examples are Slow Stitching Classes, Yarn Craft Classes, Sewing and Quilting Classes, Sunday Knit and Crochet, UFO Days, Bagmaking Club. These classes could consist of several sessions or single sessions.
Stitch & Chat - social meetings of people with a common interest. Typically marked by crafting, consuming of refreshments, laughter and light technical assistance, by group leader or fellow crafters. No bookings needed, seats not limited.
Terms and conditions for participating in our classes
- Your seat is not reserved until paid up in full.
- Full payment has to be made at least one week prior to any class starting. We reserve the right to refuse admission to the classrooom if fees are not paid in full.
- Cancellations or rescheduling:
Up to 30 days before the first session of a class, you can reschedule for free. Cancellations will incur a 15% fee to cover card fees and staff time.
Within 30 days up to 7 days before the class date, rescheduling as well as cancellation will incur a 15% admin fee
Within 7 days before the class or activity, there will be no refund for cancellations or no show.
- The 15% fee will be charged on the full price of the class, regardless of whether the class was paid in full or only a deposit was paid at the time of cancellation or rescheduling. You are welcome to pass your place on or sell it. If there is a kit included in the class fee, you are entitled to it, and we will make an arrangement with you to make sure you receive your kit.
- If you have missed a session or class, with or without notice, we are not obliged to offer you any rescheduling, refund or catch up. We will try our best to accommodate you in another session if feasible, availability permitting, at an additional fee of 15% of the original class fee.
- Please make sure your machine is in good working order before you arrive. While we are willing to help, teachers are under no obligation to trouble shoot mechanical issues with your machine (even if it was purchased from us), and we will not give compensation if the condition of your machine is prohibiting you from taking part in the class.
- Bring your own scissors, pins and other requirements as listed. Without those you are putting strain on the shared resources and it becomes a frustration to everyone if you keep asking for the scissors. People may be polite and not say anything, but believe me, it is a nuisance. Don’t be that person!
- If you did not finish your project, and need more help, make use of our UFO Day or Sunday Knit and Crochet classes. We have a qualified leader in each of those, and they will be able to assist you to complete your project. We do offer private lessons - speak with your tutor to arrange. The cost of these are $50 per hour.
- We reserve the right to change tutors without prior notice.
- While we will take all reasonable precautions and measures to ensure your safety and enjoyment of our classes, by taking part in any activity at Handzon you indemnify the owners and directors from any liability towards injury or loss of property or life, while taking part or as a result of taking part in any of our activities.
- By signing up to any of our classes you agree to these terms.