Impress your family and friends with a Tuffet footstool that you have put together, using your own colour scheme. In our 2 session workshop, Zoe will guide you to make your Tuffet.
You will be supplied with your prepaid Tuffet Hardware Kit and be shown how to sew the 8 panels using a fusible foundation pattern. A lesson / assistance in upholstery will be given, so everyone will leave with a beautiful individual Tuffet, to become a conversation piece at home.
Light lunch, tea, coffee and refreshments included on both days.
Bring with you
- Sewing Machine with a ¼ “seam allowance foot.
- Rotary Cutter and Cutting mat
- Add-A-Quarter Ruler 12” or your own ruler
- 64 strips: 2” x 20” of fabric. If you want to coordinate fabrics, you can use a jellyroll of pre-cut 2 ½ “strips but there will be some wastage. If you would like to make one with the wider strips showcasing a feature fabric, you will require 8 strips x 5 1/2" x 20", 16 strips x 2" x 20" and 8 strips 3" x 20".
- Calico 114cm wide x 100cm
- Sewing thread to match the majority of your fabrics ( I often use grey )
- Choices of fabric and 4” square of batting to cover your button.
- Lots of straight pins
You will need to purchase a Tuffet Kit from Handzon - $195 Click here to order
The kit includes
Shaped upholstery foam 18” circle
- Plywood Circle 17”, drilled
4 polished bun feet (light, dark or unstained)
4 Tee nuts and Bolts
Upholstery batting 40” square
Upholstery bottoming cloth 18” square
64mm button for covering
Upholstery weight thread