Elton is a great take on a classic cardigan, a lightweight, modern stripe pattern using a 4-ply (fingering) yarn alternated with a laceweight mohair. It is slightly cropped and has a relaxed fit with approximately 40cm of positive ease. It's a great wardrobe basic, that can be worn with almost everything.
You can make your textured 'stripes' the same colour, or have fun playing with a more contrasting look.
Bust Circumference: 115 (125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185)cm / 46 (50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 70, 74) inches
This garment is worked seamlessly from the top down.
• Merino Singles by La Bien Aimee (100% merino, 100g/400y/365m): 2(2,2,3,3,3,4,4) skeins
• Mohair Silk by La Bien Aimee (70% mohair, 30% silk, 50g/546y/490m): 1(1,1,1,2,2,2,2) skeins
20.5 sts and 36 rows to 4” (10cm) in St st (flat) on US 4 (3.5 mm) needles after stretching out the fabric when blocking.
25 sts and 36 rows to 4" (10cm) in St st (in the round) on US4 (3.5mm) needles (sleeves) without stretching the fabric when blocking.
You will also need
- Needles: 3mm (US2.5) and 3.5mm (US4) circular needles, 32" long - Click here to see needles
- If doing a tubular bind off, you will need a spare needle the same size.
- 7(7,7,7,7,8,8,9,9) 5/8" buttons.
- Tapestry needle, stitch markers, Click here for yarn tools.
When substituting yarn, compare the tension gauge of the pattern and the yarn. Working a tension square to determine the suitability of the yarn as a substitute is recommended - to compare the tension for sizing but also to test whether it creates the fabric you are after.
To determine the quantity needed, compare the total meterage needed in the pattern to the meterage on the substitute.
Need help? We are happy to assist you! Send us a message to email@example.com or call us at the shop on 03 595 2641 during shop hours.